Thursday, August 11, 2011

Birthday dress

I originally cut this dress out to make for my daughter when she was 3, she's now 7.  Well stuff happens right?  Anyway, we were invited to a birthday party for a friend of our's daughter and guess what?  She's 3!  One of the prettiest little princesses I've ever seen and perfect for the dress.   So I sewed it together finally.

It has the most adorable little pockets.

This is only the 3rd zipper I've ever put in.  I don't like doing it really, but at least it looks ok.

My daughter insisted that we put a tag in the back.  So I let her write "back" on it.

It sewed up pretty good, there were some confusing parts, but I got past them.  Overall it's really cute, and I hope to see her wearing it sometime just to see how well it fits.  I had no measurements to go on.
I wish the pictures and lighting were better, but it was down to the wire and I had to wrap it to give so this is the best I could get.




No comments:

Post a Comment