Saturday, June 25, 2011

Oliver + s Popover sundress (for dolls)






I whipped this up tonight, SO simple, and adorable.  It actually took me more time to iron the bias for the ties than to make the whole dress.  I LOVE this pattern, I think I'll make a few more when I get some more fabric.  This pattern is SO easy I think just about anyone could sew it.  I like it better than the LJ drawstring dress.  Anyway, I got the link to the pattern from Dynamite Threads blog and the pattern is called the Popover doll dress free pattern there is a girl version too.  I'd like to make that for my DD, but I need to get some more fabric first.  It fits Mattel Samantha nicely but it was a little tight pulling it up over her bum.

I just used fabric I had on hand from the Heritage 30's dress I made a few months ago.  Some white on white print, and a spot of lace from the swap dress I did recently.  I was losing good light fast because I got it done right at dusk, so I might try to get better pics tomorrow.  I was thinking it didn't look very summery, more like Christmas, but after I was finished, I think I like the colors.  I wanted red white and blue, but I didn't have any suitable blue fabric.  Of course Samantha's poor hair looks a hot mess!  I just quick grabbed her up, changed her clothes and ran outside to get pics...sheesh poor thing.   Next time I'll try to make sure her hair is combed at least.

2 comments: