Monday, June 6, 2011

Liberty Jane freebie, Drawstring dress


This is a SUPER simple project, cute and easy.  I thought this would be a good first try for my daughter to sew herself.  It's all pretty easy except for the binding around the sleeve holes and the ironing of said binding.  Neither of those things she could do by herself as she's only 7.  The other problem we had was that she had decided on this pretty blue *sheer* fabric that I had in my stash, which then obviously would need to be lined.  SO the dress turned quite a bit shorter because of the extra bit of folding over we had to do on the hem and neck line.  I just used plain white ribbon for the drawstrings...I'm not that fond of ironing.  I think she enjoyed it, but got bored w/ it after a while and went and watched TV.  It's cute but not my favorite pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment