Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Now for the Doll Spa part

I decided to try my hand at American Girl doll restoration.. I found this lovely Samantha on ebay for real cheap and her poor arm had parted ways from her body.  So I bought her and fixed her up...
She was in really beautiful condition when she arrived, she had no spots or stains, just her arm was off and her other arm and right leg were about to go too.  The left leg was good elastic-wise but really floppy, so I just totally restrung her. 
Right out of the box.  







Hair is kinda straight and her arm was unattached and she smelled like crayons.

So I removed her head and washed her body and limbs.  Then I downy dunked her and set her hair in rollers:




Then I restrung her today and now she's all beautiful, smells nice and is able to hold a pose again :D
  I ended up selling her after much deliberation, she is currently being loved by a Mom and a daughter in New York.  It was a great experience, and I know I will try it again sometime.  Samantha is my favorite so it's really hard not to save them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment