Saturday, May 21, 2011

Matching girl and doll PJ's


I think I mentioned in one of my previous post that my daughter had asked for an American Girl doll for her birthday, w/ pom pom uniform like her competition uniform.  I made that happen, but  I saw this Princess Tiana fabric at JoAnn's and I could NOT resist making her something w/ it.  It's so pretty.  SO I made her PJ's for her and her doll.  I did not make my daughter's top, I bought it on clearance at Target and couldn't believe how perfectly it matched the Princess fabric.  I also bought an extra clearance shirt and cut it up to make a matching dolly top, I even reused the binding from the original shirt, great deal, I think the whole shirt cost me $1.38 and it's really nice high quality knit.  The pants were a bit of a pain, I used the Liberty Jane Jeans pattern to make them and the first attempt was SO tight I couldn't even get them on.  So I could imagine the frustration my daughter would have.  So I scrapped that pair and modified the pattern to make another pair that would fit better.  Second pair worked out much better. Really cute set and my daughter was highly pleased.

No comments:

Post a Comment