Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Spring sewing swap!

I'm a member of an American Girl doll forum and there's a "Home Ec" section (just about my favorite place on the whole board).  Recently there was a 'spring sewing swap' so I signed up.  It took me four patterns all pieced together, and modified to come up w/ the now "Original" outfit, and I really enjoyed the challenge.  Here's the outfit that I made, I actually made two, because I loved the fabric so much I wanted to keep one.  I'm so glad I did because it turned out better than I'd even hoped, I'm so excited!:





And I was lucky enough to receive my swap from my swap partner today, and it is amazing!  It must have taken a lot of work, I only wish my pics were better so you could really see the amazing details:



There's beautiful embroidery all over the dress, that's an ADORABLE green sweater w/ sequins on it.  The petticoat is amazing, AND  a hand beaded necklace w/ a crocheted closure, simply amazing.  I'm so thrilled!  My daughter insisted that we try it on her doll first, messy hair and all.  So much fun, can't wait for the next sewing swap!

No comments:

Post a Comment